Thursday, April 2, 2009

This is What A Feminist Looks Like

Here is a great little video produced by the Feminist Majority Foundation. I love that there are men in this video proudly saying they are feminists!



However, one really sad thing is that the comments on YouTube for this video are extremely discouraging. Scanning through them I've seen all kinds of stereotypes and hateful words about feminism, including "Feminism = total bitch that wants to walk over men," "They're all lonely dykes," and "They're not about equality. They're a supremacist group no different from the KKK."

Sometimes I feel like I live in a bubble because the people around me are intelligent, thoughtful and caring. Then I read comments like that on YouTube and lose complete faith in humanity. Does this happen to anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment