Sunday, April 26, 2009

Trash TV With A Feminist Twist?

I love trash TV, and I especially love reality shows that give my critical mind something to mull over while I watch. Last night I saw an advertisement for a new TV show that will be airing on W Network, which I believe is channel 23 for most Calgarians. The show is called Miss Naked Beauty and it premiers on Tuesday April 7th.

On Miss Naked Beauty, beauty is only half the package - you need to be strong and brave enough to challenge beauty preconceptions, bin the make-up, say NO to the knife and the needle. Fashion consultant Gok Wan is the show host, and he will reveal the ugly face of the beauty industry and prove that natural really is best. From fake science to beauty addiction, and the perils of cosmetic surgery, he'll dispel the myths and reveal the risks we undertake in our pursuit of the latest look.

Sounds like an interesting show - if anyone manages to check it out, let us know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment