Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Shows You Don't Wanna Miss at Calgary's Fringe Festival 2009!

The Calgary Fringe Festival is the perfect chance to see some uncensored, crazy, amazing theatre where 100% of the ticket revenue is returned directly to the artists. Shows run from July 31 to August 8, 2009.

While checking out the show schedule I noticed a lot of shows appear to have feminist themes, or would at least be of interest to feminists. So I thought I'd post my "Gotta Check it Out" list for y'all. Here are my picks:

The Vagina Monologues - Naturally. I believe that legally, you can't call yourself a feminist until you've seen this play.

"Boobs" - A Tale of Two Titties - Tales about boobs. Seems pretty rad to me.

Inviting Desire - Inspired by real women’s sexual fantasies. What more need I say?

Jenny Wynter's: One Night in Labour - A cabaret-esque tribute to motherhood.

Rocky Horror Show - An absolute classic.

The Cockwhisperer - A Love Story - One woman's search for the love, and penis, of her dreams.


Get out there and support the arts! See the Calgary Fringe Festival website for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment