Friday, March 19, 2010

Little [Photo]Shop of Horrors

Ok, so this is not current news by any means... but I just had to post this because it's really been bothering me.

A few months ago I discovered this Photoshop disaster from Ralph Lauren. This image, which I believe was only used in a store in Japan, exploded into the blog-o-sphere in October 2009. The image has been so horrifically distorted that the model's head is larger than her waist and pelvis. Her arms are freakishly thin and her hips are... well... there aren't any.

Shortly after this image gained so much attention on the net, Ralph Lauren was forced to apologize and admit that "we are responsible for the poor imaging and retouching that resulted in a very distorted image of a woman’s body."

But wait! The drama doesn't end there. Next, the model who was so distorted in this ad - Filippa Hamilton - was fired from Ralph Lauren for apparently being too fat.

Check out the video.



Excuse my language, but that is some fucked up shit. I may have just lost my faith in humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment