Sunday, July 18, 2010

I'm Pro Choice Because...

Our friend Juliet just tweeted about this great website called Prochoice Because. People can submit a few sentences on why they're pro choice, and each time you refresh the web page a new story pops up. Responses range from the hilarious ("I'm pro choice because I don't tell you what to do with your semen") to the serious ("I am pro choice because I have seen a 12 year old incest victim deliver a child and then proceed to have a pulmonary embolism and die. She never had a choice not to have sex. She never had a choice to use birth control. She never had a choice to terminate her pregnancy. She never had a choice to live.")

I am pro choice because... since the dawn of time, women have tried to abort unwanted pregnancies. They'll use coat hangers, drink poison, or do any number of dangerous things to their bodies. Women have always tried to abort fetuses, and they always will. Make it legal, keep it safe, and we'll spare the lives of many women who die attempting to have an abortion.

Why are you pro choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment