Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sick of diet ads on Facebook?


I just read a neat post on my favourite feminist blog, Feministing. The blogger was saying how she deleted the reference to her gender on her Facebook profile, because she was sick of all the diet ads that target women.

I'm sick of these ads too! Especially the "celebrity diet" ads. I'm tired of being bombarded with messages that inform me that "You too can have a flat stomach like Jessica Alba!" Well, yeah, maybe I can if I work out every day, have a personal trainer and a chef, on top of chowing down on nasty diet pills that are probably gonna give me wicked-bad diarrhea.

The image I've included here is an example of a Facebook ad that is targeted towards women. I especially like how it advertises hair colour for the "hair down there." First of all, wake up people! We're in a world-wide financial crisis. Who's buying hair dye for their vagina in tough times like these? Second of all, I wouldn't want those chemical dyes anywhere near my vagina, thank-you-very-much.

So if you want to get rid of these annoying ads on your Facebook too, go gender-neutral!

No comments:

Post a Comment