Breast implant websites, Kinderwhores, Girls Gone Wild: is this the face of “New Feminism”?
In a performance that leaps from Lolitas to MILFs, Aerobic Striptease to labioplasty, Alice Nelson and Jacqueline Russell incorporate clown, puppetry, projection and monologue to examine the new brand of female empowerment: the “Female Chauvinist Pig.”
Inspired by the work of renowned feminist author Ariel Levy, RAUNCH asks the question: by exploiting our sexuality, are women farther ahead… or falling behind?
5 SHOWS ONLY!
- June 23-27, 2009
- Tuesday Pay-what-you-can Preview
- Tues-Thurs 8pm, Saturday 8pm & 10pm
- Loose Moose Theatre, Crossroads Market, 1235 26th Ave SE
- $12 general admission
- $10 students/artist/feminist at the door (where else can you get a discount just for being a feminist?!)
- Tickets call 403.861.0136